Alfold Road, Dunsfold
One of Surreys most attractive small estates, incorporating a beautifully appointed country house with two secondary cottages, equestrian facilities, extensive outbuildings all in about 50 acres.
Barnfield, which has been beautifully refurbished, is believed to date back from the 16th century, but the existing house was largely constructed in the 19th century and was built in the traditional Surrey/Sussex style, being characterised by heavy oak timber with brick in fills, part hanging tile elevations, all under a clay tiled roof. It has been tastefully refurbished and retains its Tudor flavour of inglenooks and polished beams, floor boards and carved staircase.
The drawing room is particularly fine. A magnificent kitchen/breakfast room with family sitting area is the heart of the house, with home office adjacent. The dining room is very atmospheric with beamed ceiling. The ground floor is completed with a sitting room and separate study. The first floor enjoys a fabulous principle suite, comprising bedroom, large bathroom and dressing room. There are five/six further bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The house is approached via an electric double gated entrance and sweeping gravelled driveway leading to spacious parking area and turning circle.
The Grounds & Gardens
The magnificent gardens and grounds that surround the house are well established and contain a wealth of mature shrubs and plants. To one side of the house lies a croquet lawn with a summer house and an apple orchard which, in Spring, is carpeted with daffodils. On the other side of the house is a large terrace and approached by Yorkstone pathways is the swimming pool area and changing room. Below the pool area and through a laurel hedge are two greenhouses together with various timber stores and pool boiler house. There is also an all-weather tennis court and vegetable garden. The garden gives way to a mature woodland of Oak, Birch, Beech and flowering Cherry trees which in Spring is transformed by bluebells. Beyond the formal gardens, to the East, grazing and pasture land is arranged as well fenced paddocks. In addition to the main house there are two excellent cottages, extensive outbuildings and garaging.
- Small country estate
- Reception hall, 4 main formal reception rooms, study
- Magnificent kitchen/breakfast/family room, laundry, boot room, utility
- Large main bedroom suite, 6 further bedrooms, 2 further bathrooms
- Separate games room and gym, extensive garages
- Two excellent 2 bedroom cottages
- Extensive outbuildings, stabling, swimming pool and tennis court
- Beautiful gardens, grounds, woodland and paddocks – about 50 acres
- £9,000 pcmA sprawling six bedroom family home, completely refurbished to the highest standards with an annexe, triple garage, barn and car port for several cars, located within easy reach of Cranleigh town centre. Available in June.6 Bedrooms5 Bathrooms4 Receptions6 Bed 5 Bath