Upper House Lane, Shamley Green
A beautifully presented period property built in circa 1820 bursting with character and set on the edge of the village with rural views.
Rose Cottage has been extended over the last 50 years creating a fabulous family home. There is a wealth of character and charm throughout this charming country home which has been enhanced by clever modern decoration and key colour schemes.
A charming cottage panel door leads to a welcoming entrance hall which provides access to the kitchen/breakfast room, study and cloakroom to the left or dining room and drawing room to the right. The layout on the ground floor is versatile and is ideally suited for both formal and informal entertaining. Also on the ground floor, a back stair leads up to a double bedroom with en-suite cloakroom giving the option of accommodation for an au-pair or visiting relative. The kitchen/breakfast room is bathed in light from south facing French doors, which open onto the terrace, and side aspect windows with views over the gardens. A bespoke Johnson & Johnson Orchid White kitchen with granite worksurfaces complement the cottage style of the house. With an electric Aga separate side oven, induction hob and central peninsula unit this is a perfect space for chefs of all levels. With a delightful seating area overlooking the terrace and space for a large farmhouse style breakfast table this is a room for entertaining or enjoying as a family. A formal dining room with large open hearth and log burner leads through to the drawing room. A charming reception room with west facing windows overlooking the garden, it has a large open-hearth fireplace with a log burner and exposed honey coloured beams which create the most wonderful room to relax in. A large study with an array of fitted cupboards and shelves and a walk-in wine store, a utility/boot room and downstairs shower room complete the ground floor accommodation.
On the first floor, the large Master bedroom suite has full width fitted wardrobes, dual aspect windows and a beautifully fitted en-suite shower room. An inner hallway leads to the back stair and guest bedroom with an en-suite cloakroom and built in eaves storage and wardrobes. Three further bedrooms and family bathroom complete the 1st floor accommodation.
Rose Cottage is set back from the road and enclosed by post and rail fencing. A line of lavender and roses bushes frame this attractive cottage and is a delight when in full bloom from May until September. A fivebar automated gate leads to a Tar & Chip gravelled driveway with parking for six cars. A Badger barn with a double open bay and closed work shop is positioned to the far right of the driveway and has separate hard standing with drainage for cleaning the car or dog.
The gardens are mainly laid to lawn edged with mature laurel hedging and broken up by well stocked flower borders, an array of mature trees and shrubs including varieties of Magnolia, Liquid Amber and Conifers. To the rear of the main lawn you will find a full-sized tennis court and timber garden store. In all the total area extends to approximately 0.815 acres.
- Reception hall, drawing room, dining room, large study/office, shower room
- A “Johnson & Johnson” in-frame kitchen/breakfast room, utility/boot room
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room, Guest bedroom with en-suite WC, 3 further bedrooms, family bathroom
- Beautiful sunken southerly aspect terrace with well stocked brick planters
- An open bay Badger barn with closed workshop area and overhead storage
- Automated gates lead to a private “Tar & Chip” driveway with parking for six cars
- A mature lawned garden with timber garden store, tennis court and mature planting. In all 0.815 acres
- Outstanding views across adjoining farmland
- £9,000 pcmA sprawling six bedroom family home, completely refurbished to the highest standards with an annexe, triple garage, barn and car port for several cars, located within easy reach of Cranleigh town centre. Available in June.6 Bedrooms5 Bathrooms4 Receptions6 Bed 5 Bath