Stovolds Hill, Dunsfold
Substantial Georgian residence dating to around 1700 with secondary accomodation and period barn, set in delightful gardens with swimming pool and tennis court.
The Old Farmhouse is a substantial Grade II Listed mainly Georgian residence dating to around 1700 with late 19th and 20th Century extensions. The Listing reports that the timber framed house was re-fronted in red brick and sandstone with some brown and blue chequered brick work. The property enjoys attractive elevations from all aspects and the east side has various bricked in windows, probably from the time of window tax, under a clay tiled roof.
Internally The Old Farmhouse features spacious and light family accommodation, enjoying high ceilings. The drawing room and sitting room provide elegant formal reception space and a 30 ft atmospheric dining room with large fireplace and the extensively beamed ceiling provides excellent entertaining accommodation. The large kitchen/breakfast room enjoys southerly aspect over the garden and paddocks beyond.
On the first floor a large principal bedroom offers a double aspect view over gardens and fields beyond. A substantial en-suite bathroom with large shower together with adjacent extensively fitted dressing room provides a comprehensive suite. On the first floor are 4 further bedrooms and bath/shower rooms. A 2nd floor provides a further 2 bedrooms and substantial office. The accommodation amounts to some 7000sqft.
- Principle bedroom suite and dressing room, six further bedrooms
- Drawing room, sitting room, dining room, family room, study
- Kitchen/breakfast room, utility room and pantry, cellar
- Secondary accomodation; kitchen, utility room, sitting room, bedroom suite and dressing room
- Various outbuildings including; workshop, old hay store, log store and stables
- Swimming pool and tennis court
- In all about 7.2 acres of paddock and gardens