Stovolds Hill, Cranleigh
A superb four bedroom 17th Century Grade ll listed barn, beautifully restored in recent years, situated in a wonderful rural location with approximately 4 acres and a magnificent swimming pool.
Hawkins Barn we believe to date from the 17th Century. The barn provides excellent family accommodation and is also ideal for entertaining. The present owner has used her imagination to create a wonderful and atmospheric home.
The accommodation on the ground floor is beautifully presented, the honey-coloured beams give you an amazing welcome. The main reception hall is large, airy, and light, to one side is an informal sitting room and adjacent to the kitchen is the main dining room. The main drawing room with its magnificent, vaulted ceiling and large wood burner gives a very homely appeal. Situated on the ground floor is a very impressive bedroom suite and the fourth double bedroom is also located on this floor. The farmhouse kitchen is full of character with Aga and plenty of room for a large breakfast table. The second, and third-bedroom suites are located on the first floor one on either side of the charming staircase.
Of note are the delightful gardens and grounds, which incorporate lawns interspersed with herbaceous planting, a quintessential garden pond, a band of light woodland and paddock beyond, all enjoying a south westerly aspect and distant views. Two stables and a small yard completes this delightful setting.
- The Barn has the potential to be used as two independent dwellings.
- Valuted entrance hall, excellent kitchen breakfast room with Aga, utility/2nd kitchen
- Magnificent vaulted drawing room with wood burner, study area,
- Superb part vaulted sitting and dining area.
- Vaulted main bedroom suite, 3 further double bedrooms, 2 further en suite bathrooms.
- Detached double open carport, 2 stables, large, detached machinery store, generous parking, gravelled driveway.
- Excellent detahced office/gym/ games room.
- Delightful mature south west facing gardens incorporating a pretty duck pond with paddock beyond.
- In all 4 acres.
- £9,000 pcmA sprawling six bedroom family home, completely refurbished to the highest standards with an annexe, triple garage, barn and car port for several cars, located within easy reach of Cranleigh town centre. Available in June.6 Bedrooms5 Bathrooms4 Receptions6 Bed 5 Bath