Crownpits Lane, Godalming
A handsome Edwardian home on one of Godalmings most desirable roads. Occupying an enviable elevated position, this imposing and notable well-proportioned home has potential for further extension and investment, as well as benefitting from a truly beautiful and expansive garden.
This is a beautifully presented detached family home in the heart of Godalming town. The property has been lovingly maintained and modernised over the years, retaining huge amounts of character and benefitting from further potential for extension and investment (STPP). The home offers bright, well-proportioned accommodation with wonderful features that include working fires, high ceilings and sash windows that exude period charm. At the same time, the property offers truly practical living space with multiple reception rooms, bedrooms and the added benefit of using the third reception room as en suite guest accommodation.
On the first floor there are four generously sized bedrooms, a single boxroom/nursery and a family bathroom. If additional accommodation is required, subject to planning permission, the obvious extension to make would be above the garage, sacrificing the boxroom to access the additional space that you are able to create.
The gardens are notably large and have been cleverly designed to offer multiple seating, entertaining and lawn areas to be enjoyed, as well as a vegetable patch for the keen gardener. The area is beautifully private, and a planting program has been well thought out to deliver interest all year round, with mature plants and shrubs adding detail to the space and mature trees on the fringes. There are several sheds in the garden as well as a large, detached studio/home office with power, light and internet capability. At the front of the property there is a driveway parking area for several cars as well as access to an integral garage and store.
- Spacious entrance hall
- Living room with bay window and charming open fire
- Dining room with doors to the garden and a characterful working fireplace
- Family room/bedroom 5 with French doors to the garden and en suite shower room
- Charming cottage style kitchen breakfast room with multiple units and access to the utility room
- Four double bedrooms with a further study/nursery
- Family bathroom bath and separate shower
- Gravel driveway with access to the integral garage
- Beautifully maintained landscaped gardens with detached studio/home office