Cranleigh Road, Wonersh
An immaculately presented 1920s detached character family house occupying an elevated position benefitting from outstanding south-westerly views over Wonersh village towards Chinthurst Hill
The Step House is an immaculately presented character family house believed to have been built in the 1920s. The attractive elevations are of painted brick relieved with leaded light casement windows and tile hanging under an attractive clay tiled roof. Internally the layout provides spacious and light family accommodation benefitting from many interesting features such as exposed ceiling timbers in part, fine inglenook fireplace and ideally suited to entertaining with 3 fine reception rooms and a large conservatory.
On the first floor, the bedroom accommodation is both generous and particularly light comprising of a main suite, guest suite and 2 further double bedrooms served by a family bathroom. Of particular note are the delightful gardens which enjoy a south-westerly aspect and outstanding panoramic views across Chinthurst Hill and the Surrey Hills beyond. Alongside the gardens on two sides lies a separate paddock which in turn provides direct footpath access to the centre of the village and Barnett Hill for the walking enthusiast.
The Step House is superbly situated just to the edge of the village in an elevated position affording outstanding views. Wonersh is a delightful old world village with period houses and cottages lining the village street. It has a good general store/post office, the newly refurbished Grantley Arms gastro public inn, doctors surgery, church and cricket green.
Bramley village with its wide range of local shops is only about 0.5 of a mile away. Wonersh is surrounded by lovely countryside and there are wonderful walks on Chinthurst Hill and Blackheath.
The county town of Guildford is some 4 miles distant and provides a comprehensive range of shopping, recreational and educational facilities together with the main line station to Waterloo. There are several excellent schools in the vicinity including St.Catherines , Cranleigh School, Guildford High, RGS and Longacre Preparatory School to name but a few.
- Entrance hall, cloakroom, study / office
- dining room, drawing room, sitting room
- Kitchen / breakfast room, conservatory
- family room, utility / boot room
- Main bedroom suite, 3 further double bedrooms
- 2 further bath / shower rooms (1 en suite)
- Detached double garage, garden store
- workshop, generous tarmacadam and paved driveway
- Delightful mature south-westerly facing gardens with separate paddock providing direct access via a footpath to the village and Barnett Hill
- In all about 3.042 acres
- £9,000 pcmA sprawling six bedroom family home, completely refurbished to the highest standards with an annexe, triple garage, barn and car port for several cars, located within easy reach of Cranleigh town centre. Available in June.6 Bedrooms5 Bathrooms4 Receptions6 Bed 5 Bath