Borough Farm Road, Milford
Wonderful 16 acre small holding in a truly idyllic location, with direct access to the miles of stunning walking and riding countryside of Thursley National Nature Reserve.
The property has been set up as a holistic style equine facility with mixed paddock and woodland grazing, creating an environment where there is a natural connection between the animals, the land, and the owner.
This wonderfully bright family home was constructed in 2011 in keeping with the style of the local area and has a character style charm at the same time as benefiting from modern building methods. Thermally efficient materials have been used in the construction and a heating ventilation system that uses an air-to-air heat pump together with the underfloor heating (throughout the ground floor) to maintain a consistent comfortable temperature. During the summer months, this system can supply cool air. Other features include a ground source heat pump, a 360L hot water cylinder, and a large rainwater harvesting reservoir which all aid the efficient running of the home.
The contemporary style appeals to the modern lifestyle with a large open kitchen/ family room and further reception rooms for flexible use such as home working, guest accommodation or games rooms.
Of particular note, the main sitting room benefits from a stylish wood burner and along with the kitchen/family room, opens out onto respective terraces via double glazed double doors.
The first floor is accessed via either of two staircases and accommodates two spacious bedroom suites including dressing rooms, with two further well-proportioned bedrooms and a family bathroom. The double garage can be accessed from within the house and there is a separate double storey detached garage building/ workshop that is prime for conversion to a self-contained annexe (subject to planning permission).
The property is approached through electric gates that lead to a large gravel parking area for multiple cars. The immediate garden is wonderfully private with mature tree borders and generous expanses of lawn and patio entertaining areas directly to the rear of the home.
Beyond the garden a further expanse of land exceeding 15 acres is yours to explore. Based on sand, this well-draining land comprises paddocks and well-maintained woodland that the current owners use as a diverse grazing environment for their equestrian business.
This provides the animals a much more interesting and positively challenging environment to keeps them active and engaged in the area that ultimately, they spend most of their time living in. There is a natural sand school and a stable block with three stable boxes and a large feed store which benefits from power and water. As the property is not on a water meter and there is access to natural water sources, you can avoid some of the exorbitant water rate charges than can be associated with equestrian care.
From the stables, you can saddle up or bareback ride on the unmade track up and out, directly onto the stunning common that really must be seen to be believed.
- A well presented 4-bedroom family home in excess of 3000 sq.ft.
- A large detached garage building with two floors, ideal for conversion to a self-contained annex STPP
- Notably generous integral garage within the main house
- Beautiful open gardens and patio areas of approximately 0.6 acres
- Large, gated gravel parking area for multiple vehicles
- Beautiful plot totalling approximately 15.8 acres of paddock and woodland
- Detached stable block with three boxes and a large tack room/ feed store
- Direct walking and riding access to the beautiful Thursley National Nature Reserve
- Well-draining sandy soil with natural water source
- A mix of sheltered and open grazing to maintain a diverse environment for livestock
- £9,000 pcmA sprawling six bedroom family home, completely refurbished to the highest standards with an annexe, triple garage, barn and car port for several cars, located within easy reach of Cranleigh town centre. Available in June.6 Bedrooms5 Bathrooms4 Receptions6 Bed 5 Bath